For ages now I have watched in shear wonder at the tagging epidemic to hit blogland in recent years and wondered how I had managed to surf just under the radar, that is until recently. In the last 10 days I have been tagged 3-4 times by lots of gorgeous blogland pals. The very talented EmmaLamb was the most recent and I am going to rock this post out with the obligatory 7 things you might not know bout me as per the tag request. ( will throw in some Ger refrences for good measure too as we are now the fearsome twosome. ;)
1. I love all things RANDOM, I'm insanely against anything too pristine,perfect or symmetrical. I love things to be a little off centre, a bit quirky and with a bit of a sporadic finish ( Ger on the other hand, loves precision, fine tuning, and perfection. ;) really its just a case of yin and yang here now, we balance each other out. (thankfully Gers aversion to tatter is subsiding and I may have created a monster folks. lol
2. My favourite food is curry, even though I was rared on a typical Irish diet of boiled veg and spudz. I always gravitate towards spicy food, love flavour and really enjoy tasting foods from all different cultures. Ger loves chocolate and even manages to sneak in a bit every day, despite being fabulously taut and trim. grrrrr!
3. My favourite music would have to be songs from the musicals, I LOVE musicals, Les Miserables, Phantom, Miss Saigon, I would safely say its my ideal and most perfect night out. When my beaux and I went to New York in the Spring, our fave memory was the night on Broadway at Phantom. :) I know that Ger enjoys a big variety of music and recently went to Jack L's concert at home. We both enjoy a spot of Michael Bublé too though when we are working together in the studio.
4. I spent years dancing in my Twin Aunts Dance Studio, performing around the country as part of a dance troupe. I was also a Colour Guard in a local marching band which I can safely say were some of the best years of my life. Ger was an avid gymnast when she was younger and has been a bonafida yogi now for about 10 years. Seriously guys there is not a single part of that womans body that she hasn't seen from 6 different angles. Shes my very flexible friend. :)
5. I have an unhealthy addiction to Lucozade. Its bubbly and sweet and fizzy and orange and .............mmmmmmmm (sorry you lost me there for a moment) well I don't smoke or have any other nasty addictions (not counting in my work of course) so whats a girl to do. Gers addiction, hmm let me think about this one.... yup .. that would have to be the ol Coffee. We had a joke recently in the studio when we were tackling a very tricky studio custom order and I had handed it over to the voice of reason at this stage. We both knew it was gonna be a tricky one and she looked at me with this dead pan look on her face and gently stated. Im gonna need a coffee for this one...... well I had to laugh, I said if thats all you need to get that number finished Ger I will gladly bring a bucket of the stuff up here.
6. I cry EVERY TIME I see "City of Angels", "The Notebook" and "Watership Down" ( the latter one is an old animation about a den of rabbits folks, it doesn't get much worse than that. lol) And yes Ger is equally as blubbery as me. Well we are family so Im blamin the genes.
7. Lastly............. I don't drive yet. * insert shame here* I have a long and painful block against driving and every year I promise myself I will do it this year. alas....... I never seem to get round to it. I cycle and walk everywhere. I have always lived in the centre of things so its never too far to get around. HOWEVER.... * insert drumroll here* I have been recently sussing out insurance quotes etc to get my very first car and hopefully I will be able to rock out in a Nissan Figaro, a ninetees concept car made using a retro 40's style shell, its absolutely beautiful and very in keeping with my antique longings. Ger on the other hand has been driving forever and is a dab hand with directions. * insert wink here* ;)
thanks for the tags everyone, Ihope you enjoyed those too.
Bonzie & Ger